Have you ever heard of Cyber Liability Insurance? Is your organization utilizing this policy addendum? If so, did you know that there are certain requirements you must meet to be able to make claims on data breaches?
- Conduct forensic analysis.
- Notify affected customers of the breach.
- Pay for credit monitoring for those affected.
- Many states also fine businesses responsible for breaches on a per-record basis. And because it’s common for some organizations to have tens of thousands of customer records (or more), fines can add up fast.
- It’s also possible that your organization could be sued for causing or failing to prevent a breach.
Please reach out today if you are interested in ensuring your organization is protected against these threats and to make sure you are getting the best out of what your pay for with your cyber liability protection!
Total Cloud IT